When you want to improve your Minecraft experience, one of the best ways to do it is by using visual packs to enhance the appearance of your game. Minecraft shaders are particularly popular because they can help improve the looks of your current run. On its GitHub page, it was stated that it was a combination of the shading styles of the canceled Super Duper Graphics Pack and the current Minecraft Dungeons. Notably, it is a shader pack compatible with Minecraft Java Optifine.
While still in beta, Super Duper Vanilla Shaders 1.20.2 → 1.20, developed by Eldeston and handled by FlameRender Studios, is working to be one of the top shader packs in the future. While its first beta release was on February 18, 2021, its latest pre-release version was published on October 08, 2021. If you follow their version releases, you will see the significant improvement and adjustments done with each release. With Super Duper Vanilla Shaders 1.18, you will notice at once that it presents extremely crisp images and rendering, mainly when you use the latest build. It has significant visual improvement, especially if you consider vanilla versions without using packs. The shadows received the best improvement because it provides realistic shadow lighting. In particular, its best visuals are when you near water surfaces or in forest areas. If your computer allows it to work in high performance, you can also notice its sunset and night views are incredibly detailed.
With the current build, you can expect various lighting improvements for your Minecraft game. Sky colors became more detailed, and weather visuals have also been improved. When you focus on an area or move your screen, shadows also receive auto-exposure so that they do not look static. There is also better gamma correction with this shader pack. The bloom renders for this pack are also smooth and look natural. Because of this, areas and events with specific ambiances like during sunrise or sunset appear more detailed. Both water and underwater visuals are also improved. Water rendering is smooth, and the shadows for aquatic materials allow them to look like they are waving.
Since there are still future developments, Super Duper Vanilla Shaders can improve and be one of the top leagues for Minecraft shaders. There is something to note, though. AMD users, in particular, might encounter some issues and performance scales depending on your computer specifications.
Supported Versions 1.20.4 – 1.20.2 – 1.20 – 1.19.4 – 1.18.2 – 1.17.1 – 1.16.5 – 1.15.2 – 1.14.4 – 1.13.2 – 1.12.2 – 1.11.2 – 1.10.2 – 1.9.4 – 1.8.9 – 1.7.10
1.3.3 by eldeston
- Changed certain default settings
- Improved color settings for light and sky colors
- Renamed certain options (older Super Duper Vanilla options may not work in this version)
- Hard coded story mode clouds settings to disable vanilla clouds
- Optimized sky
- Optimized PBR
- Optimized SSAO
- Optimized bloom
- Optimized specular
- Optimized shadows
- Optimized tonemapping
- Optimized water rendering
- Optimized gbuffer programs
- Optimized many, many calculations
- Added thunder flash
- Added waving weather
- Added more animation settings
- Added aether nebulae to The End sky
- Fixed certain errors with certain settings
- Fixed certain visual bugs with PBR
How to Install Super Duper Vanilla Shaders?
We have compiled helpful installation guides to ensure correct installation of this shaderpack in your Minecraft. Follow these guides for a seamless installation experience.
It is strongly advised to create a backup of your Minecraft map before updating the game to new versions to ensure the safety of your progress.
Locate the Folder
Locate your Minecraft installation folder. The default location for the Minecraft folder varies depending on your operating system:
- Windows: %appdata%.minecraft
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Linux: ~/.minecraft
Make a Copy
Once you’ve found the Minecraft folder, make a copy of it and paste it into a different location, such as an external drive or a backup folder on your computer.
Save and Restore if Necessary
The copied Minecraft folder will serve as your backup. If anything goes wrong during the mod installation process or if you want to revert to the original state, you can replace the modified Minecraft folder with the backup.
Optifine and Forge require Java to be installed on your computer in order to work properly with Minecraft.
Download the Java installer
Visit the official Java website here: On the website, click on the “Download Java” button.
Run the installer
Once the installer is downloaded, locate the file and double-click on it to run it.
How to install Super Duper Vanilla Shaders with Optifine?
Download the appropriate version for your Minecraft.
Once the Optifine file is downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install it
Download the shader pack that is compatible with your Minecraft version.
Launch Minecraft with OptiFine
Open the Minecraft launcher and select the newly installed OptiFine profile to launch the game.
Locate the Shaders option
Once in the game, navigate to the “Options” menu, then select “Video Settings,” and click on “Shaders.”
In the Shaders menu, you’ll find a “shaderpacks” folder button. Copy the downloaded shader pack’s zip file into this folder.
Enable the shader in Minecraft
You should see the installed shader pack listed in the in-game Shaders menu. Select it to enable the shader.
How to install Super Duper Vanilla Shaders with Iris & Sodium?
Download the latest version of the Iris installer.
Locate the downloaded Iris Installer and open it.
Choose installation type:
- Iris Install: Select this option if you don’t plan on using any other mods alongside Iris.
- Fabric Install: Opt for this option if you intend to use Iris with Fabric and other mods. The Iris jar files will be copied to the mods folder within the .minecraft directory.
Launch the Minecraft launcher. Choose the profile you decided to install in the previous step.
Navigate to Options > Video Settings > Shader Packs within the game.
Drag and Drop
You can directly drag and drop the shader zip file into the Minecraft window to install a shader pack.
Super Duper Vanilla Shaders — Download Links
- Some Shaders have not been appropriately updated to 1.20. Still, all have been tested and work correctly in Minecraft 1.20.
- All download links are original and from the creator himself. We never host or edit any files. We only distribute them as a direct link to our users, ensuring security and quality. If you doubt this, don’t forget to read our Terms.
- It is noteworthy that the links may stop working with each new update. Even with all our efforts to keep everything updated, these things can happen; if any link is not working, please let us know.
- Leave feedback below on what you think of this Shader Pack; it helps the authors improve their packs.