OptiFine 1.19 → 1.18.2 is a tool to improve Minecraft graphic and gameplay performance, added several in-game settings, compatible with Shaders. When it comes to Minecraft, many players usually focus on different mods. This is because they believe that without mods, having the ultimate gaming experience is very unrealistic.
This is why they pay attention to mods about agriculture, building, weapons, mobs, and many more. Although mods are a great addition to Minecraft, they are functioning very well due to OptiFine 1.19. Without Optifine HD, it won’t be easy to even explore these mods to their fullest.
If you came here because of OptiFine 1.19 there is no doubt that you must be struggling to understand what this entails. However, the good part is that you have come to the right place where everything about OptiFine will be explained in precise detail for your understanding. Therefore, ensure to read the details of this post from beginning to the end to find out why you can’t do without this tool in the world of Minecraft.
Improved Graphics in Minecraft Caves & Cliffs
OptiFine 1.18.2 is a tool that has been created to optimize the game Minecraft. Have you ever installed any of those Textures or BSL Shaders that are about improving your game’s graphics? There is no doubt that you probably love the graphics and visuals. If you must know, such can’t be possible without OptiFine 1.12.2. With its installation, textures in your world will look much better. It is no secret that vanilla Minecraft hasn’t delivered as expected.
Many players in the past years have complained about its poor graphics and visuals. For instance, with vanilla visuals, your world looks unreal. It is pretty far from the fun and excitement that Minecraft has promised players over the years. This is where a third-party tool like OptiFine will be necessary.
It has been created to improve the game’s general textures and visuals. This doesn’t happen directly, though. That is to say; it helps other mods that aim to improve the game’s graphics to work very well. This is why it is referred to as an optimization tool. With its advanced settings, all of these have been achieved.
You can see OptiFine 1.18 as a mod that has been created to enhance the frame rate of Minecraft. The primary goal is to ensure that there is much better performance. After it has been installed, expect a considerable boost in your frame rate. For instance, it can help in giving a detailed description of what some of your settings perform. If you doubt whether to have a setting turned on/off, OptiFine can be of great help. This is because it can give you information about what will happen once a particular setting gets turned off. It means no more guesswork about how to use settings effectively.
There is every reason to believe that OptiFine has come to revolutionize how the game of Minecraft is explored. There were many players who doubted its potentials initially but claimed to have fallen in love with its features after giving it a try.
OptiFine 1.18.2 Release Date
UPDATE: Optifine 1.18.2 is released. It is currently available in the OptiFine HD U H3 version, released on 12.06.2021.
Major updates are made shortly after the base game is updated, so it must wait for one to two weeks after Minecraft 1.18 is released for Optifine to be officially released.
It is noteworthy that initial updates start as Preview and, therefore, may have a problem with the shaders button not working.
#Optifine 1.18 Update
Even without the official release of Minecraft 1.18, Optifine has already started to be developed, predicting to be the fastest possible release in its history:
- 0% (waiting for 1.18-pre to be released) — 11/13/2021
- 5% (fixing decompilation patches) — 11/17/2021
- 10% (fixing mappings) — 11/18/2021
- 20% (merging patches) — 11/20/2021
- 40% (merging patches) — 11/21/2021
- 50% (fixing chunk loading) — 11/23/2021
- 60% (decompiling 1.18) — 11/30/2021
- 80% (fixing bugs) — 12/01/2021
- 97% (fixing bugs) — 12/04/2021
- 100% (full release) — 12/06/2021
How to Install OptiFine
Installation of OptiFine is not difficult or complicated especially once you know how to go about the right process. Below are steps that can help you out.
- Download OptiFine. The ultra-version is recommended since it has most of the updated features. Also, ensure that it has been saved to a location on your PC.
- Once the download is complete, head over the location and right click on the OptiFine which has been downloaded. Java is required for optifine..
- Click on the install button for the process to commence.
- Head over to Minecraft launcher and locate an arrow (green up) close to the play button. Click on the arrow and locate the adaption known as “OptiFine”. Click on it and also the play button.
If this tutorial wasn’t useful for you try our detailed tutorial on How to install Optifine.
After completing the installation of Optifine, you are ready to use the best Minecraft Shaders, you can choose below which one best suits your needs, I wish you good luck and a good game player!
How To Download OptiFine
Optifine is divided into different versions, but Ultra is the most stable version of the Mod and the most recommended. Entering the Mod’s official website, you will see Preview Versions and Old Versions, divided into a list of specific versions.
Each version comes with a Forge compatibility number, which is needed to install Forge and Optifine together.
|OptiFine 1.18.2 HD U H6||STABLE||Download||40.0.12||1.18.2||03/03/2022|
|OptiFine 1.18.1 HD U H4||STABLE||Download||Forge 39.0.0||1.18.1||12.12.2021|
|OptiFine 1.18 HD U H3||STABLE||Download||38.0.14||1.18||06.12.2021|
|OptiFine 1.17.1 HD U H1||STABLE||Download||37.0.103||1.17.1||25.11.2021|
PRE versions are not fully compatible with Shaders, they are known to be review and test versions, test at your own risk.
The installation process is the same, make sure you are using the Pre version of Minecraft too.
The OptiFine 1.18.2, version released on 13.03.2022, and the Forge 40.0.12, is FULL compatible with Minecraft 1.18.2.
OptiFine 1.18.2_HD_U_H6 - fixed waterlogged blocks with shaders (#6672) - fixed color of waterlogged blocks (#6646) - updated to 1.18.2 - compatible with Forge 40.0.12 (13.03.2022)
OptiFine 1.18.1_HD_U_H4 - fixed transition between sky and horizon with render distance above 32 - fixed 1.18.1 fog render distance - updated to 1.18.1 - compatible with Forge 39.0.0 (12.12.2021)
OptiFine 1.18_HD_U_H3 - updated tooltips for 1.18 options - fixed screenshot with AA (#5770) - fixed dynamic lights lag with blocking updates (#6420) - fixed flickering entity shadows on chunk borders - fixed placing block in an empty chunk (#6415) - fixed "shadow.culling" priority - added shadow debug screen information - added system property "chunk.debug.keys" - combined shadow culling with shadow render distance - added shaders property "shadow.culling" and check for PT shaders - optimized shadow entity rendering - fixed lagometer to show shadows, entities and block entities - optimized shaders shadow culling - fixed chunk cache and biome temperature - updated to 1.18 - fixed shaders macro MC_VERSION for preview versions - chunk culling bugfixes - optimized chunk culling - updated to 1.18-pre1 - compatible with Forge 38.0.14 (06.12.2021)
Some of the features that OptiFine has been known for will be highlighted below.
Boosting of FPS
- It is common for FPS to be doubled
- Lag spikes are decreased and also gameplay is smoothened
Compatible with HD textures
- Unlimited texture size
- Customer colors
- Custom lighting
- Customer terrain as well as item textures
- HD fonts as well as HD textures
- Customized HD font characters
- HD fonts and HD textures
Compatible with shaders
- These are based on Karyonix’s shaders mod.
- It helps items which emit lights to illuminate objects around them
- This isn’t related in any way to dynamic lights mod though
Variable Render Distance
- Extreme from tiny in about 16m steps
- Stars, moon and stars will become visible in both short and tiny distance
Configurable smooth lighting
- Smooth lighting from 1% without shadows to 100% smooth lighting full shadows included
- Frame rate is synchronized using monitor refresh rate in removal of split frame rates as well as smooth game gameplay
Smart Advanced OpenGL
- Less artifacts, more efficient
- Fast function – faster while some artifacts will remain visible
- Fancy function – slower, visual artifacts are avoided
- Fog – fast, fancy, off
- fog start – far, near
- It adds some visual effects that enable distant objects appear better. Their texture details are smoothened
- Minimap level: 1, 2, 3 and OFF
- Minimap type: linear, nearest
Mipmapped texture details are restored
AF level: 2, 4, 8 and 16, OFF
Grass blocks side textures are fixed. This enables them to match the grass terrain
Given all of the above features, there is no doubt that you can’t wait to have it installed. Well, there are still other features that were not highlighted. These could be clear water, random mobs, connected textures, natural textures, fps control, chunk loading control, configurable details, configurable animations, fast texturepack switching, fullscreen resolution, debug, time control, autosave, and many others.
Check all Optifine Features here.