Iris Shaders 1.20.2 → 1.20.3 is a new shaders mod suitable for Minecraft. More than that, it also functions perfectly with Sodium alongside other mods, allowing you to experience improved FPS, compatibility, and performance that you usually don’t experience with OptiFine. Iris Shaders is a Shader Pack loader that is great for when you want a firm boost in your FPS and is also highly compatible with the current format of shaders you most often use. Features are still being added since some shader parks are still not working. Even so, many of them are already functional with Irish Shaders.
When paired with optimization mods such as Sodium, Iris Minecraft can fully utilize your graphics card while presenting as little-to-no issues as possible, unlike OptiFine. Furthermore, it also gives you leverage through the latest rendering techniques, giving you enough lead in the game. Moreover, it has Optifine parity and aims to support all the present and past Optifine shaderpacks. As time passes, the number of packs Iris Mod supports is growing steadily.
Iris Shaders also enhances how Minecraft provides entities and blocks entities such as item frames, pigs, and chests. This even works even with shaders that are disabled. Also, Iris Minecraft can improve performance by about 60 percent in certain worlds with plenty of entities. There’s also a significant improvement in shadow rendering since the once-unplayable areas for shaders make the places have a smoother and more fully-functioning FPS than usual. There also exists an Iris 1.19 version, but it is still underway in development because of bugs. However, it’s already usable enough for when you want to take decent screenshots. Although it does not operate as well as the 1.17 version due to vanilla performance regressions, the bugs are constantly being fixed, and Sodium will eventually be added.
Iris Shader was created as an open-source project by a team of passionate and collaborative developers. The main goal was to allow the best-quality Minecraft shaders to experience as much as possible. Most importantly, Iris Mod is developed by the community and simultaneously caters to the community’s demands similarly. Iris Shader comprises different patrons, testers, code contributors, icon artists, and developers, which paved the way for developing a better mod for Minecraft shaders. Its open-source nature allows mod compatibility, giving mod developers enough room to freely and easily inspect its code.
There are plenty of reasons why Iris is unique from other shader mods. Here are some of them:
- Sleek Design: Iris has been created to be simultaneously easy to update and extensible. With this, you won’t have to wait weeks to utilize shaders on the latest version of Minecraft.
- Open Source and Free: Given that Iris is open-source, anyone can contribute. Iris is made by and for the community, and the team of creators believes that Iris can improve through constant collaborative efforts.
- Impressive Mod Compatibility: Iris prioritizes its prime goal to ensure mod compatibility. It recognizes the different issues that arise with compatibility that are most often encountered. With Iris, you’ll find it fully functioning with plenty of your favorite mods.
Supported Versions – 1.20.2 – 1.20 – 1.19.4 – 1.18.2 – 1.17.1 – 1.16.5 – 1.15.2 – 1.14.4 – 1.13.2 – 1.12.2 – 1.11.2 – 1.10.2 – 1.9.4 – 1.8.9 – 1.7.10
v1.6.4 by coderbot
- Add the ability to change the drawn color space utilizing a compute shader and/or new API’s.
- Added support for
- Allow up to 16 custom images.
- Make debug mode better.
- Fix some issues related to folder shaderpacks.
- Add code to clear unused samplers, fixing a bug related to blurry textures
- Fix conduit power night vision
- Add support for prefixes and suffixes
How to Install Iris Shaders?
We have compiled helpful installation guides to ensure correct installation of this shaderpack in your Minecraft. Follow these guides for a seamless installation experience.
It is strongly advised to create a backup of your Minecraft map before updating the game to new versions to ensure the safety of your progress.
Locate the Folder
Locate your Minecraft installation folder. The default location for the Minecraft folder varies depending on your operating system:
- Windows: %appdata%.minecraft
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Linux: ~/.minecraft
Make a Copy
Once you’ve found the Minecraft folder, make a copy of it and paste it into a different location, such as an external drive or a backup folder on your computer.
Save and Restore if Necessary
The copied Minecraft folder will serve as your backup. If anything goes wrong during the mod installation process or if you want to revert to the original state, you can replace the modified Minecraft folder with the backup.
Optifine and Iris require Java to be installed on your computer in order to work properly with Minecraft.
Download the Java installer
Visit the official Java website here: On the website, click on the “Download Java” button.
Run the installer
Once the installer is downloaded, locate the file and double-click on it to run it.
Step by Step Installation
Download the latest version of the Iris installer.
Locate the downloaded Iris Installer and open it.
Choose installation type:
- Iris Install: Select this option if you don’t plan on using any other mods alongside Iris.
- Fabric Install: Opt for this option if you intend to use Iris with Fabric and other mods. The Iris jar files will be copied to the mods folder within the .minecraft directory.
Launch the Minecraft launcher. Choose the profile you decided to install in the previous step.
Navigate to Options > Video Settings > Shader Packs within the game.
Drag and Drop
You can directly drag and drop the shader zip file into the Minecraft window to install a shader pack.
Iris Shaders — Download Links
- Some Shaders have not been appropriately updated to 1.20. Still, all have been tested and work correctly in Minecraft 1.20.
- All download links are original and from the creator himself. We never host or edit any files. We only distribute them as a direct link to our users, ensuring security and quality. If you doubt this, don’t forget to read our Terms.
- It is noteworthy that the links may stop working with each new update. Even with all our efforts to keep everything updated, these things can happen; if any link is not working, please let us know.
- Leave feedback below on what you think of this Shader Pack; it helps the authors improve their packs.