Iris Shaders 1.18, 1.18.1 → 1.17 is a brand new shaders mod suitable for both Minecraft 1.18 and 1.17. More than that, it also functions perfectly with Sodium alongside other mods, allowing you to experience improved FPS, compatibility, and performance that you usually don’t experience with OptiFine.
Iris Shaders 1.18 is a Minecraft Mod Shader that is great for when you want a firm boost in your FPS and is also highly compatible with the current format of shaders that most often use. Currently, features are still being added since some shader parks still aren’t working yet. Even so, many of them are already functional with Irish Shaders.
Some shader packs you can already use are:
When paired with optimization mods such as Sodium, Iris can fully utilize your graphics card while presenting as little-to-no issues as possible, unlike OptiFine. Furthermore, it also gives you leverage through the latest rendering techniques, giving you enough lead in the game.
Moreover, it has optifine parity and has a goal to have complete support for all the present and past Optifine shaderpacks. As time passes, the amount of packs that Iris supports is always growing at a steady rate.
Vanilla + Sodium + Iris
Iris also enhances how Minecraft provides entities and blocks entities such as item frames, pigs, and chests. This even works even with shaders that are disabled. Also, in certain worlds with plenty of entities, Iris can improve performance by about up to 60 percent. There’s also a significant improvement in shadow rendering since the once-unplayable areas for shaders make the places have a smoother and more fully-functioning FPS than usual.
There also exists a Iris 1.18 version, but it is still underway in development because of bugs. However, it’s already usable enough for when you want to take decent screenshots. Although it does not operate as well compared to the 1.17 version due to vanilla performance regressions, the bugs are constantly being fixed, and Sodium 1.18 will eventually be added.
Iris was created as an open-source project by a team of passionate and collaborative developers. The main goal was to allow for the best-quality Minecraft shaders experience as much as possible. Most importantly, Iris is developed by the community and simultaneously caters to the community’s demands in the same way.
Iris Shaders is composed of different patrons, testers, code contributors, icon artists, and developers, which paved the way for developing a better mod for Minecraft shaders. Its open-source nature allows mod compatibility, giving mod developers enough room to freely and easily inspect its code.
There are plenty of reasons why Iris is unique from other shader mods. Here are some of them:
- Sleek Design: Iris has been created to be easy to update and extensible at the same time. With this, you won’t have to wait for weeks just to utilize shaders on the latest version of Minecraft.
- Open Source and Free: Given that Iris is open-source, this means that anyone is free to contribute to it. Iris is made by and for the community, and the team of creators believes that Iris can improve through constant collaborative efforts.
- Impressive Mod Compatibility: Iris prioritizes its prime goal to ensure mod compatibility. It recognizes the different issues that arise with compatibility that are most often encountered. With Iris, you’ll find that it is fully functioning with plenty of your favorite mods.
Compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.18.1 – 1.18 – 1.17.1 – 1.16.5
Click on the image for a better view
How to Install Iris Shaders Mod
The most recommended way of installing is using Iri’s installer, it avoids all manual work installing Sodium automatically, without the need to use Optifine.
- Download Universal JAR – Download link bellow (if you prefer to do the manual work then download the other options)
- The installer is made based on Java, install java.
- Run the Iri’s installer you downloaded. The installer gives you multiple choices, choose the “Iris & Sodium” edition. Change the game version to the one you want. click on the “Install” button.
- After completing the installation, in your Minecraft Launcher choose the profile “Iris Standalone” and click “Play“. (A popup will appear asking you to confirm that you are starting a modded version of Minecraft)
- The next step is to download the shader packs you want, we have a list with the best shaders to download. Choose yours and have a great game.
Before opening any existing worlds from a version prior to 1.18 please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
See also: How to install shaders packs.
Iris Shaders — Download Links
⚠️ Before starting the game, be aware that
✔️ Please note that some Shaders have not been appropriately updated to 1.18. Still, all have been tested and work correctly in Minecraft 1.18.
✔️ All download links are original and from the creator himself. We never host or edit any files. We only distribute them as a direct link to our users, ensuring security and quality. If you doubt this, don’t forget to read our Terms.
✔️ It is noteworthy that the links may stop working with each new update. Even with all our efforts to keep everything updated, these things can happen; if any link is not working, please let us know.
✔️ Leave feedback below on what you think of this Shader Pack; it helps the authors improve their packs.
🤵 coderbot is the author of Iris Shader
🔗 [1.18.x – 1.17.x] Download Iris Installer 2.0.3